Sunday 29 March 2009

Finding hard to write

I thought I would try and write my thoughts on a new blog post. Since I wrote before, I have undergone a serious operation...my inspiration words seem lost at the moment. I am entering a poem I wrote two days after the operation, since then, I am finding it very difficult. Time is a healer though. Since also, whilst in hospital, I heard a friend had died that week and last night I heard someone else I knew died last Thursday.
I am spending time watching TV and DVDs - this way, I believe stories will build within my brain. Also, I am training it with the nintendo ds lite games. I shall cut and past the poem on here now...I will have to stop as my neck is hurting...until next time


THE CARING ROLE
I can see they all work so hard
They have such a kind nature
They deserve all they can muster
In terms of wages well earned

The bleeps of please come and help
Their true caring role blossoming
They don't seem to have much time
Yet, the caring role still shines

Hurstwood Park Neurological Centre
Neurosurgery Ward
Such a friendly and happy atmosphere
And I was one of the patients there

I'm still here if the truth was known
I haven't quite left for home
I only had my transphenoidal op on the 4th
To remove the alien there.

I've had a few rough days
Understandable don't you think?
It was to remove a benign non-functioning pituitary tumour
As I was led to believe it was slightly growing

The doctors, anesthetists, assistants,
Neurosurgeon had such a great disposition
I think anybody would be positive to come here
To have help for their lives to continue

I'm glad I made the choice
It goes to prove it can be done
I hope others will say yes
If they need an operation there

It would of course be understandable
To have nerves, even a panic attack
But that would be quite natural
I'm sure I'll write again next week.

©6.3.09 JOSIE LAWSON
All Rights Reserved
(Comment: I was taken ill with other parts of my body on the 10th March,
so ended up in hospital another 6 days -Time is now my healer)

No comments:

Post a Comment